- We are a non-profit company that develops corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainable business in the Czech Republic. As part of our mission, we offer education and services to professionals, businesses and the general public.
- As we can determine how and for what purposes we will process your data, we act as a data controller under the GDPR rules.
Full details about our company: Asociace společenské odpovědnosti, o.p.s.,
ID No.: 014 67 115, with registered office at Drtinova 557/10, Smíchov, 150 00 Prague 5, Czech Republic.
- Protecting your privacy when using our services is a priority for us.
- We make sure that the personal data you provide to us is well protected against any misuse or unauthorised dissemination.
- In particular, we collect your data in order to provide you with quality and reliable services. We only process data to the extent necessary for the provision of specific services.
When do we process your personal data?
We may obtain your data in various ways. These include situations such as:
- When you apply for membership of the Asociace společenské odpovědnosti Platform.
- When you enter the SDGs Awards, Giving Tuesday or any other event.
- When you enter into a contract with us.
- When you visit our website www.spolecenskaodpovednost.cz (“Website”).
- When you subscribe to our newsletter.
- When you communicate with us through dedicated means.
What types and for what purpose?
- As part of the processing of applications for membership in the Platform of the Asociace společenské odpovědnosti, we will process your name, surname, job title, your e-mail address, your telephone number for the purpose of processing the application for membership, assessing and evaluating it, maintaining the membership database, communicating with members of the Platform and among members of the Platform.
- If you enter the SDGs Awards as a competitor, we will process your name, surname, job title, your e-mail address, your telephone number and, where applicable, your photograph for the purpose of administering the competition, evaluating the results and announcing the winners.
- If you sign up with an invitation to Giving Tuesday or to participate in another event we will organize, we will process your name, surname, your e-mail address, or your photograph or other data you volunteer for the purpose of organizing Giving Tuesday activities or another event we will organize.
- In the case of using the service for sending out e-mail newsletters, we will process your e-mail address, your first and last name. If you are not our client or partner, you will need to consent to such processing. You can also unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by unsubscribing via the link in the relevant email or by sending a notification to our email email@example.com.
- If you contact us with any query or request, we may process your e-mail address and any other data you provide to us as part of the communication. Please take care to protect your privacy and do not provide any sensitive or vulnerable information without good reason.
- Sometimes we are looking for new members to join our team! If you send us your CV, we may process the data provided in it, in particular your name, surname, address, education, work experience, e-mail address or telephone number, in order to evaluate your application and select a suitable team member.
What are our legal grounds for processing personal data?
The lawful grounds for the above types of processing under Section 6 of the GDPR are:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a legal obligation, or a contract entered into, insofar as these obligations arise from general law or from a contract you knowingly enter into with us.
The processing is in accordance with our legitimate interests unless your rights take precedence over these interests.
- This legitimate interest is the need to manage our membership database, including the contact persons of individual members, so that we can guarantee to the public that the conditions of the Code of Conduct of members of the Asociace společenské odpovědnosti and compliance with the Statute of the Platform of the Asociace společenské odpovědnosti are met and observed.
- This legitimate interest also includes the need to manage entries for the SDGs Awards, including contact persons, so that we can guarantee to the public that the rules of the competition and the SDGs are met and adhered to on the part of the competitor.
- This legitimate interest is also the need to organize Giving Tuesday, or other events that we organize, so that we can guarantee to the public that the rules of these events are met and followed.
- This legitimate interest also includes informing our existing clients, partners and journalists about the news we are preparing for them.
- This legitimate interest also includes the announcement, conduct and completion of the selection process should you wish to become part of our team.
- This legitimate interest also includes the need to ensure the basic functions of our Website during the session by means of so-called necessary (basic) cookies, such as navigation of sections of the Website, fast loading of the content of sections of the Website or user authentication. Without the processing of these data, which are necessary for this purpose, the Website cannot function properly.
Processing is based on your consent.
We will require your consent in all other cases where we need to process your other data. In particular, this will be in the following cases:
- you are interested in receiving newsletters to your email address; or
- for the purpose of using non-essential (basic) cookies, such as preference, statistical or marketing cookies, which are generally used to store the user's preferences for the duration of the session, statistics and analysis of the user's behaviour, as well as, where appropriate, to address the user with product or service offers and links to social services.
- If necessary, we will provide you with simple ways to consent to processing or withdraw consent at any time.
Who has access to personal data?
- We do not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to unauthorized third parties.
- We do not provide your data (including your email address) to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We may only disclose your data to third parties where required to do so by law.
Contracted service providers and affiliates:
- The provision of some of our services is dependent on the services of our contractors, affiliates, or our foreign subsidiaries. We may provide your data to these entities only to the extent necessary for the purposes of providing our services or fulfilling our legal obligations. We will never pass your data to any third parties for any purpose other than that for which it was collected.
Your personal data obtained through cookies may be made available to other processors, in particular to the operators of Google, Doubleclick or Seznam services and platforms, in particular:
- through Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Google Marketing Platform (doubleclick.net) run by Google Inc. - more here;
- through Youtube, operated by Google Inc.- more here;
- SUPERKODERS s.r.o. is the administrator of the Website.
The aforementioned companies also handle cookies in accordance with data protection legislation, the terms of the data processing agreement and some of their contractual terms.
You can find the cookie settings in the most commonly used browsers at the following links:
What are your rights and how to exercise them?
To give you maximum control over your personal data, you can exercise a range of rights in relation to it. We will then do our utmost to comply with your requests to the best of our ability. Sections 15 to 22 of the GDPR provide a basic list of your rights and include, in particular:
- The right to obtain information about your personal data that we process (right of access).
- The right to rectification of your personal data processed if it is inaccurate (right to rectification) and information about the rectification.
- The right to have your personal data deleted from our databases if the data is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was processed or if you withdraw your consent to its processing.
- The right to restriction of specific processing of personal data and information on the implementation of the restriction.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests as described above.
- The right to withdraw previously given consent to the processing of personal data if the processing is based on that consent.
- We will make every effort to help you exercise your rights and resolve any questions, requests or complaints. To do so, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify how we can help you or what we can do for you. Please always send your e-mail from the address you normally use in connection with our services to ensure that your information does not reach unauthorised persons.
- If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, you have the right to file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection (Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7, landline: +420 234 665 111, email@example.com).
E-mail newsletters and terms and conditions
- By subscribing to our newsletter, you agree to the processing of your e-mail address for the purpose of receiving news and information about our products and services that we offer. We make sure that this news and information is useful and interesting to you and is closely related to the products or services you use or may be interested in using in the future.
- You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link. After unsubscribing, we will no longer be able to send you news and communications and we will not have the right to process your e-mail address for this purpose.
We also assure you that:
- We do not like SPAM. We will not send you unsolicited offers and we will not pass on your e-mail address to any third party for this purpose.
- We will send you emails at reasonable intervals so that you are happy to receive them, and they do not bother you.
- We will also be happy to address your mailing requirements and questions with you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact us if you need anything.
You weren't 16 years old yet?
- Keeping children safe online is one of our top priorities. We are not allowed to process personal data of children under 16 unless their legal guardians/parents give their consent. If you are 16 or under, please get your parent/legal guardian's consent first before providing us with your data.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to change this policy if it is appropriate in the future to improve our services, enhance your security, or as necessary to comply with legal or other obligations.
This policy was last updated on 1st April 2022.
Asociace společenské odpovědnosti, o.p.s.